Welcoming a grand total of 6,362 visitors, a 4% increase over the previous year, MedFEL 2017 fully met its targets. The 250 exhibitors and 120 international buyers recruited by Sud de France Développement brought fresh dynamism to this ninth edition, generating more than 5,000 B2B meetings
From 25th to 27th April, Perpignan became the Mediterranean’s agricultural capital when it hosted MedFEL, the only international fruit and vegetable event taking place in France.
Organised by the Occitanie / Pyrénées-Méditerranée Regional Council and enjoying the high patronage of the French Ministry of Agriculture, Agrifood and Forestry for the sixth consecutive year, MedFEL 2017 shone the spotlight on the organic sector and SIQO (quality and origin identification labels)… a strategy that went down well with all the visiting professionals.
Innovation took centre stage at MedFEL 2017 with the very first edition of the Challenge FEL’INNOV by MedFEL. This was a competition aiming to find solutions designed to improve the performance of farming operations and companies working in the fruit and vegetable sector.
On the MedFEL TV podium, a panel of “fruit and vegetable” and “scientific” experts selected the most innovative solution following presentations delivered in a speed demo format.
These solutions were classified into two categories:
- Smart farming from the field and throughout the logistics chain
– The winner: Agrishare for its WeFarmUp solution (based in the Haute-Garonne region)
- Biocontrol and sustainable crop protection
– The winner: Nimaplants for its Aphid Protect solution (based in the Gard region)
– The Public’s Favourite: Portuguese company Asfert Global for its Kiplant Immass solution