Better cold chain resilience and sustainable development go hand in hand. The ongoing pandemic, supply chain disruption and port congestion, cost and reliability of shipping, labour shortages, international conflicts and tensions, climate change, and rising prices are all affecting global food and healthcare supply networks.
Reducing waste and loss of all types, enabling safe and secure access to food and healthcare, accelerating decarbonisation and preserving biodiversity across land and ocean are pressing priorities for people, planet and prosperity.
Founder of Cool Logistics Resources, Rachael White, comments “After three years in which world perishables trade, cold chain logistics and temperature-controlled transport have been stress-tested as never before we are excited to be back together in person, and for the first time in Barcelona, offering a programme that provides a platform for all the stakeholders to gather, reflect on lessons learnt about our industry, our people and our technology, and explore how to build a collective response to vulnerabilities.”
White adds “Following the great success of the inaugural CoolTech summit in Rotterdam this June, we will be building on these foundations to also integrate CoolTech sessions into the main programme exploring technology, innovation and new business models.”
30 speakers are so far confirmed to cover specific conference themes focussing on:
- Global Perishable Trades, Reefer & Cold Chain Logistics Evolution;
- Cool Global Shippers’ Forum – Challenges and Opportunities from Production to Consumption;
- Cool 4.0 – Operations, Innovation and Technology;
- Cool Ports & Cold Stores: Perishable Hubs of the Future;
- Inland Cold Chain Connectivity: Road, Rail, Barge & Multimodal
- Crossing the Digital Divide;
- New Dimensions in Perishables trade and Logistics: Mediterranean, Africa, Asia and Middle East
- Cool People – Talent, Skills, Diversity & Inclusion
- Cool Futures – Reducing Waste & Loss & Minimising Environmental Impact
Full details are being finalised though the outline programme can be seen at https://coollogisticsresources.com/cool-logistics-global-2022/
All delegates are invited to the pre-Conference Port of Barcelona Tour by boat, followed by the IceBreaker Reception in the 5* Grand Marina Hotel Rooftop bar hosted by Klinge Corporation – both events are on 19 September. After the first conference day delegates are invited to a Welcome Reception hosted by the Port of Barcelona at the stunning Mas De Sant Lles, with dinner, drinks and live music.
Delegates can register to attend at https://coollogisticsresources.com/cool-logistics-global-2022/
More information for delegates and registration details can be found on the Cool Logistics Resources website at https://bit.ly/Cool_Tech22