Peru’s 2020/2021 table grape export campaign registered an increase of 17% compared to the previous campaign, reports the Association of Producers and Exporters of Table Grapes of Peru (PROVID).
According to the results of the export campaign:
1. There has been a 2% growth in the certified area, reaching 20,775 hectares;
2. A total of 133 exporting companies participated in the campaign;
3. 50 varieties of table grapes were exported;
4. The variety basket shows first by volume, the white seedless grapes, secondly, the red seedless grapes, then the red seedless grapes, and finally the black seedless grapes;
5. Table grapes reached 62 markets around the world; the main ones being the United States (41%), Holland (14%), China (11%), the UK (4.18%), Canada (3.97%), and other destinations (26%).
6. 57.4 million 8.2kg boxes were exported, compared to 48.9 million boxes in the previous season, which represents an increase of 17%.
Despite the violent stoppages at the end of last year in the production areas, Peru has managed to successfully complete another table grape export campaign, which means that companies managed to fulfil all of their commitments in the different markets of the world. The days of downtime prevented additional growth in jobs.