Carrefour has selected ID Logistics to manage a 20,000 m2 site specialised in fresh produce activities for 460 convenience stores in the South East Paris region.
And in China, the French leader in contract logistics is starting up activity in its new 32,000 m² warehouse for Carrefour in the Dongguan region which will ship and deliver to about 30 supermarkets, most of them located in the Guangzhou and Shenzhen regions.
“The Group will there set up the same vocal picking system translated in Mandarin as the one currently operating in the first warehouse in Shanghai,” ID Logistics said in a press release on its results for the 1st quarter of 2016.
In news of its 4th quarter results for 2015, the group said it had also won new contracts scheduled to start in 2016 including the following:
- In China, LianHua, a leading Chinese retailer, has commissioned the Group to manage a 20,000m² chilled and frozen food warehouse for both B2B and B2C channels for the Shanghai region;
- In Russia, the leading Russian retailer X5 has commissioned ID Logistics to operate its new 40,000m² Moscow platform, planned to eventually expand to 68,000m²;
- In Spain, one of its main client commissioned ID Logistics to manage a 25,000m² platform dedicated to ecommerce business.
Growth in first quarter revenues
In France, the group’s 1st quarter revenues this year amounted to €133.3 million, up 9.6% on the 1st quarter of 2015. It said this sequential improvement was essentially driven by the startup of new contracts launched at the end of 2015, in particular:
- in e-commerce with Auchan Direct in the greater Paris region,
- in Fashion logistics with Auchan with the implementation of a warehouse exporting to European markets,
- in FMCG with Panzani. Business activity benefited from a positive volume effect, particularly in March.
With headquarters in Cavaillon, France, ID Logistics is an international contract logistics group, with revenue of €930.8 million in 2015. It has more than 200 sites across 14 countries, representing close to 4 million m2 of warehousing facilities in Europe, Latin America, Asia and Africa, and 15,000 employees. Its client portfolio is balanced between retail, industry, detail picking and e-commerce sectors.