Russian retailers discussed the current state of affairs and steps to undertake
B2B Conference Group (BBCG), the leading organiser of business summits, Academy of Retail and RBK.Pro organised an imperative meeting of retail CEO and experts with the aim to clarify the issues related to Covid-19 situation. The summit was held as on-line conference. The speakers, among others, were E. Konnova, head of corporative communications of Х5 Retail Group; D. Sologub, president of Azbuka Vkusa chain; S. Korolev, co-founder of healthy food delivery service JustFood; G. Kunis, co-founder and general manager of food delivery service iGooods; and S. Egorov, purchase director for food category of Selgros chain. The participants of the conference named the following predominant tends:
- Home cooking;
- Income decline;
- E-commerce became one of the important employer;
- Healthy lifestyle is no more a niche segment; it developed into the basic need. People happen to concern more about their health and food safety.
- Boost of the demand of local products.
The following measures were offered to food business as kind of remedy:
- Changing of HORECA assortment, dark kitchen format extension;
- Introduction of courses for consumers such as cook at home, healthy food, anti-stress;
- Formation of “public logistic” sense through the in-store slogan “Take away for your elderly neighbours”;
- Sharing of services between restaurants and delivery services, etc.
BBCG is going to have regular on-line meetings in order to follow the changing circumstances; to survive and to overcome the crisis, the businesses are to be most flexible.