The NUTRIMAN project is a thematic network based on nitrogen and phosphorus that brings together scientific knowledge on bio-based fertilisers, in particular the products, technologies, applications and practices derived from them. This network gathers the most innovative, competitive and commercially-ready scientific results of applied research programmes.
NUTRIMAN is a Horizon 2020 project which aims to improve the exploitation of practical, ready-to-use cases of nitrogen and phosphorus management and recovery, as they are not yet sufficiently known by farmers. NUTRIMAN’s action will create new opportunities for farmers to develop links between applied research, practical results and farming practices.
The farmer’s platform
One of the outcomes of the NUTRIMAN project is a free online platform on technologies for recycling nutrients such as nitrogen and phosphorus. This platform was specifically designed for the farmers, it now contains 81 carefully selected products and technologies that are currently being used by the industry. It is a database that provides with a wide range of practical information on ready-to-use bio-sourcing fertilisers that deserves to be better known. In addition, the platform provides several information documents that can be consulted and downloaded in eight languages (EN, FR, IT, ES; DE, NL, PL, HU).
Nutriman is perfectly in line with the circular economy model since its fertilisers are produced from unexploited resources of organic or secondary domestic raw. They comply with an economic and environmental/climatically efficiency and are used by agricultural operators dependant on a competitive market.
Farmers can thus read, in chosen languages, EPI-AGRI practice abstracts, info sheets and information material. The technologies and products on the platform have been divided into categories:
- Biological nutrient recovery: composting, anaerobic digestion, microalgae technologies;
- Phosphorus precipitation from liquid manure, waste water and drain water;
- Thermochemical nutrients recovery;
- Physic-chemical nitrogen recovery from manure, digestate and wastewater: separation, stripping and membrane processes.
- Compost and digestate (Biomass);
- Struvite and other phosphorus products;
- Biochar and bio-phosphates;
- Sewage water and mineral nitrogen concentrates.
The NUTRIMAN project will end in September 2021, however, the platform will be maintained and will evolve until 2031.
For further information :
- Find more products and technologies on the farmer platform.
- Participate in Mini-survey
- Register to Nutriman newsletter